Airmonte A8 Full Replacement
Airmonte A8 Full Replacement Alternating Air Overlay
The Airmonte A8 is a full replacement Air Mattress System integrating advanced functionality for superior patient care.
Standard features include full alternating cell system on adjustable cycle timing, low-air loss microclimate ventilation, high quality componentry for serviceability and high-capacity capability.
The Airmonte A8 is easy to use and comfortable making it an ideal solution for any care environment aiding in the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries.
The Airmonte A8 is available with a range of customisations to further tailor it to suit specific applications.
QUALITY, ERGONOMIC PUMP UNIT
- Styling is compact and efficient, ergonomically designed with an easy to operate panel
- Quality componentry
- Very quiet pump operation.
PUMP CONTROL PANEL FUNCTIONS
- Cycle time variable – 10, 15, 20, 25 minutes
- Comfort level adjustable
- Alternating/static option
- Auto-adjust: Automatically adjusts pressure to suit patient weight
- Auto-Firm: Switches to static mode and Max-inflates to allow for easy repositioning and transfers.
- Low Air Loss: Automatically controls mattress low air-loss feature, removing internal heat entrapment and patient perspiration
- Low pressure indication & power failure alert
- Panel lock function
ALTERNATING CELL CONSTRUCTION
- 17 interchangeable alternating cells providing excellent pressure re-distribution
- Patient is supported constantly, simultaneously allowing oxygen flow to all critical areas, aiding in the prevention and/or healing of pressure injuries
- Height of mattress (20cm) allows maximum patient immersion for effectiveness and comfort
- Strengthened flexible TPU construction maintains mattress integrity for longevity and consistency of patient care. TPU Material – Ultra-flexible, soft-touch material. Deflects easily for better immersion and envelopment. No sound of ‘crackling’ when alternating
- Light overall weight (9kg) allows ease of set-up and transportation.
- Three Static (non-alternating) air cells at the head end for additional patient comfort
- Cell-On-Cell Safety Technology – each alternating cell has a permanently inflated cell beneath to protect against ‘bottoming out’, increasing patient safety and for greater surface stability
- Eight ventilated cells in center region optimize micro-climate conditions at the patient interface, reducing excessive heat and moisture.
FIRM FOUNDATION LAYER & SIDE FOAM
- To extend the alternating air system to a width & length greater than the standard single, we encase the air system in a firm foam foundation and sides.
- Provides protection to air system from bed base
- Enhances overall mattress stability
- Provides patient protection should a prolonged power outage occur
POWER CORD SAFETY RETENTION SYSTEM
- Integrated loops enable the power cord to be fastened to the side of the mattress
- Prevents trip hazards and power cord entrapment by adjustable bed surface
- Press-stud closure allows easy fitment.
360° INTEGRATED ZIPPER
- Allows full removal of upper cover Facilitates washing/laundering.
- Every component is modular and replaceable for low ongoing operational costs
- 360° Access Zipper for ease of maintenance.
EASY TO ACCESS CPR
- Positioned on air supply tubes
- Access is not impeded by bed linen or side rails.
BASIC PRESSURE CARE COVER
About the Airmonte
Airmonte; the Forté range of alternating/active alternating air systems or alternating pressure mattresses (APM) to provide effective pressure relief for patients with a very high risk of pressure injuries.
Dynamic Air Pump
ACTIVE AIR THERAPY
Active Air Therapy changes the load distribution properties of a support surface with or without load by a powered air pump. Power is used to alter the immersion and envelopment characteristics of the surface, control the microclimate, and/or periodically redistribute the pressure.
Alternating powered air mattress systems work by sequentially altering the parts of the body that bear the load and so reduce the duration of loading on the tissue at any given anatomic location.
This is especially required for patients with limited or no mobility. There is good evidence that a support surface with active air therapy or an alternating pressure mattress is superior to a standard hospital mattress (static foam mattress). Some evidence suggests that existing pressure injuries may have fast healing rates on a support surface with active air therapy.
McInnes E, Jammali-Blasi A, Bell-Syer SEM, Dumville JC, Middleton V, Cullum N. Support surfaces for pressure ulcer prevention. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 2015;9(CD001735). (Level 1a evidence).
AUTOMATIC PUMP FEATURES
Auto-Adjust: Cell pressure auto-adjusts to provide the optimal pressure setting based on the weight distribution differences of the patient, offering an enhanced and specialised quality of care and reduced risk for caregivers.
Auto-adjust technology relieves caregivers from any manual setup, assures maximum comfort for the patient, and reduces the risk of incorrect setup.
Auto-Firm: Switches to static mode and Max-inflates to provide a temporary firm surface. The firm surface allows for nursing procedures to be performed and makes repositioning and transfers easier. The Auto-Firm function can be used to quickly inflate the mattress when installing or setting up.
Low-Air Loss: automatically controls mattress low air-loss feature, removing internal heat entrapment and patient perspiration by working to de-humidify the air surrounding the cells.
LOW AIR LOSS
Low air loss A feature of a support surface that uses a flow of air to assist in managing the heat and humidity (microclimate) of the skin – by dissipating heat and moisture build-up between the user and bed.
The Airmonte A8 top of the air cells has tiny laser-cut air holes so that the user ‘floats’ on a soft cushion of air. Greater airflow is generated to maintain optimal skin temperature and moisture levels. These two features dehumidify the air surrounding the cells to reduce heat build-up within the mattress to ensure patient comfort.
Why is the low air loss feature important to preventing and treating pressure injuries?
Heat and Moisture are two of the key factors contributing to the development of pressure injuries. As such, heat and moisture must be managed to ensure a consistently healthy micro-climate – not too hot, cold, dry, or moist.
FIRM FOAM SURROUND
The Airmonte A8 air mattress system can be adapted to fit any bed base size or configuration. Additional width and/or length are achieved by encasing the air system within a firm foam surround. Any beds larger than standard single size will require the surround.
Constructed using High specification foam on the base, ends & sides as well as One complete pressure care cover encasing the foam and air components.
In addition, to make the mattress compliant to the bed surface from a sizing perspective, there are other clinical benefits of having a firm foam surround incorporated with a full air mattress system:
- Increases lateral stability of the support surface
- Enhances overall the stability
- Provides patient and caregiver assistance for manual repositioning, positioning, and transfers
- Enables ease of primary care
Airmonte Air systems are available with multiple upgrade cover options including the Premiflex Ultra Premium Breathe Pressure Care Cover.
With cover seams all sealed and high frequency welded, Airmonte mattresses meet infection control guidelines.
Hear what Health Professionals say About Forté Healthcare Mattresses…
Forté Healthcare has been a pleasure to work with – the team is always easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions, queries and issues. We also had difficulty with a product and a new one was delivered the following business day ensuring participant safety and satisfaction.
We are really happy with the mattresses. Fantastic product especially given the short time frame for supply
Burnett Heads, QLD
You are amazing, it is on site with the client the day after it arrived. Can not thank you enough, really appreciate it. Hope you have a great week, you certainly made mine
Great product and Australian made. Locally owned and run as well as being a team of lovely people.
Customer service is fantastic. Products are of a high quality. A pleasure to deal with Forte.
Excellent company to deal with, quick turnaround. Carol fabulous to work with
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Have I mentioned what a fabulous company Forte is to deal with? It’s rare these days to have such tremendous support.
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Always an efficient and reliable service backed up by the personal, genuine communication.
You guys are amazing! The service and follow up care is next to none. Love working with you guys!
Really helpful team at Forte, prompt with communication, great product knowledge, and they have gone above and beyond to support our purchase experience.
Aged Care Facility
I couldn’t speak highly enough of the team at Forte Healthcare. The team are a pleasure to work with, always professional, prompt and knowledgeable in their responses.
If you’re searching for an Australian made QUALITY medical mattress, look no further than Forte Healthcare, you won’t be disappointed!
An awesome team here and some Very, Very innovative products!
Love the products, can not fault it in any way, the service from sales staff is exceptional.
Always reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, helpful and suppliers of quality products. I’m a Forte fan!
An amazing team of experts in the Medical Mattress world, with fantastic products!
10/10 for mattress quality and selection and 10/10 for service from Bradley, Carol and Crystal.
We love forte !!! Carol and the team at forte are amazing to deal with. The forte products sell themselves.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.