Icon IS22 350kg 5-Layer
Icon IS22 5-Layered Pressure Care Stretcher Mattress
The Icon IS22 5-Layer Medical Stretcher Support Surface is an advanced variation of the Icon IS23 Stretcher Mattress. The 5-Layered High-Performance Core provides the ultimate balance of performance, comfort and pressure injury prevention within demanding acute environments.
The specialised pressure relief core structure provides protection to patients at risk of injury without compromising support in crucial areas. Integrated Strengthened Sides offer greater lateral stability for increased safety.
AIROFORM RESPONSE IMMERSION INTERFACE LAYER
- A particularly responsive Ultra-High Performance elastic foam designed to optimise patient mobility, function and enhance repositioning
- Open-cell structure provides low-shear surface, good pressure redistribution, effective immersion, enhanced breathability and superior heat dissipation
- Alleviates localised pressure points
- Enhances contact with patient for distribution of interface pressure
- High temperature stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance and comfort
- Provides exceptional comfort
- Greatly reduces risk of impression marks on patient skin
- Firmness: Medium
AIROFORM MEMORY MEDIUM SECONDARY IMMERSION LAYER
- High Temperature Stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance and comfort
- Maximises Patient contact with Support Surfaces Providing Pressure
- Alleviates localised pressure points
- Depth calibrated to maximise functionality and patient mobility
- Visco-elastic/Memory Foam cell structure provides low-shear surface
- Firmness: Medium
PREMIUM POSTURAL SUPPORT MID-LAYERS
- Graded for optimal comfort and support
- Enhances immersion
- Delivers excellent core stability
PREMIUM FIRM FOUNDATION LAYER
- Provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during transfer, repositioning and whilst in the inclined/fowler position
- Provides exceptional comfort, support for repositioning and patient care
FIRM STRENGTHENED SIDES
- Increase lateral stability of support surface
- Improves patient safety and encourages central patient positioning
- Make patient transfers easier
- Enables ease of primary patient care
DOUBLE COATED PREMIFLEX COVER W/NON-SLIP PATCHES
- Double Coated Premiflex PFPU1200 Polyurethane Material: Robust, Vapour Permeable, Deep Grey
- Non-Slip Polyurethane Waterproof Patches on Base: Provides excellent grip to bed/stretcher base, prevents sliding, improves safety, alternative to Velcro!
- Full Vapour Permeability
- Infection Control & Compliance: 10,000ppm chlorine based cleaning agent concentration suitability, Inherent Anti-Microbial Protection, Fire retardant, High frequency sealed and welded seams
- Construction: Two-sided / 180° high frequency welded zipper, Zipper waterfall protection flap, High frequency sealed and welded seams
About the Icon IS22
5-Layered Pressure Care Stretcher Mattress
Firm Strengthened Transfer Sides
Airoform Immersion Foam
PRESSURE INJURY PREVENTION ON A STRETCHER
According to the Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries Clinical Practice Guideline, The International Guideline 2019 – Individuals may be at risk for pressure injury in all circumstances where they are in contact with a support surface and have a degree of immobility or inactivity. This includes vehicle transportation, operating rooms, and waiting for a clinical review and/or admission in the emergency department.
To minimise the time and magnitude of pressure and shear exerted on pressure points, individuals at risk of pressure injuries should also be placed on a pressure redistributing support surface. It is recommended to Use a pressure redistribution support surface on the operating table and during transit for all individuals with or at risk of pressure injuries.
Interface pressures on an operating table can be very high. In the operating room, the duration of time the individual will spend in one position is generally determined by the surgical procedure. This increases the importance of the support surface in reducing pressure injury risk – both preoperatively and postoperatively.
Some surgical procedures may have specific requirements based on duration, positioning, instrumentation, and stability of the operative field. For example, no metal components which may interfere with imaging. Most stretcher support surfaces need to be low profile.
Achieving sustained support and pressure redistribution on a low profile support surface can be challenging – ensure stretcher support surfaces are manufactured with top quality raw materials.
VERSATILITY GRADED FOAM CORE
The Icon IS22 is a premium quality stretcher support surface with a unique 5-layered design to provide sustained immersion, pressure redistribution, comfort, and support.
It is the complex combination of specific foam types and densities that makes a static support surface. A foam mattress is generally designed with multiple layers of different foams. Typically, layers are graded starting with the softest foam at the interface and getting firmer until the firmest foam is the foundation layer. The more layers or grades you have, the more comfortable the mattress, as each density merges into each other, and it prevents the chance of a sensitive individual feeling the change in foam densities.
With five layers of graded density foams, the Icon IS22 stretcher mattress is a particularly comfortable mattress. In addition, the IS22 has a high therapeutic weight limit of 350kg, and safe weight loading of 380kg. This high weight limit means the mattress is suitable for a wide variety of individuals.
The Icon IS22 stretcher mattress has been designed to be used for individuals with a medium to high risk of developing a pressure injury. The IS22 model provides the highest level of pressure care within the Forté Icon stretcher range.
The Icon IS22 stretcher mattress can be customised in size and shape to suit any stretcher, including MidMark 540, Stryker 1009, Hausted Horizon, Hausted Horizon (720).
WHAT DOES MEDIUM RISK MEAN?
‘Risk’ relates to the likelihood of developing a pressure injury. You can determine the risk of your client but conducting a risk assessment – using a risk assessment tool such as the Waterlow along with qualified clinical judgment and knowledge of the client’s history and underlying condition.
On the Waterlow Risk Assessment Tool, typically clients who score up to 15 are suitable for one of the mattresses within the Medium Care Medical Mattress range.
REACTIVE SUPPORT SURFACES; PRESSURE REDISTRIBUTING STATIC FOAM
A Reactive support surface is a powered or non-powered support surface with the capability to change its load distribution properties only in response to an applied load. Reactive support surfaces may be powered (active) or nonpowered (static). In comparison to an alternating pressure relieving mattress, reactive surfaces provide a constant low-pressure profile whereby the pressure at every contact point is reduced. The patient can be immersed and enveloped by the surface which increases the area of contact with the patient’s body and the reactive support surface. Reactive support surfaces come in many different types including:
- Foam – mattress composed of foam or layers of foam with different densities and shapes. For example, Forté Icon Medium Care Mattresses.
- Air or Gel Filled – surfaces comprise air or gel-filled compartments. For example, ROHO Integrated Systems.
- Hybrid – surface combining foam and air technology to maximise the benefits offered by both static and alternating surfaces.
- Low air loss – some air-filled support surfaces allow air to escape through small holes. The air flows along the inside of a vapour-permeable patient contact layer. This draws moisture and heat through the contact layer and away from the skin. Low air loss aids control of moisture on a patient’s skin.
- Air-fluidised – contain sand-like particles through which air is forced. As the air is forced through the particles, they take on the properties of a liquid. The porous cover allows air to escape out of the mattress and body fluids to flow down into the support surface
“Pressure redistribution is achieved by either increasing the body surface area that comes in contact with the support surface through immersion and envelopment (to reduce concentrations of weight over bony prominences) or sequentially altering the parts of the body that bear the load, thus reducing the duration of loading at any given anatomical site”. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries: Clinical Practice Guideline. The International Guideline 2019.
Select a reactive support surface for individuals who are able to reposition themselves enough to avoid weight bearing on all areas at risk for pressure ulceration and who have a stable spine.
Forté Stretcher Mattresses are manufactured within our Armidale factory using unique specifications of high-performance raw materials. Sizing can be set to meet the exact brand of Stretcher within any facility including angled and shaped corners. Additional features and options include fastening straps, buckles, head and foot cushions all of which are manufactured to comply with infection control requirements and offer excellent longevity.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About Forté Healthcare Mattresses…
Forté Healthcare has been a pleasure to work with – the team is always easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions, queries and issues. We also had difficulty with a product and a new one was delivered the following business day ensuring participant safety and satisfaction.
We are really happy with the mattresses. Fantastic product especially given the short time frame for supply
Burnett Heads, QLD
You are amazing, it is on site with the client the day after it arrived. Can not thank you enough, really appreciate it. Hope you have a great week, you certainly made mine
Great product and Australian made. Locally owned and run as well as being a team of lovely people.
Customer service is fantastic. Products are of a high quality. A pleasure to deal with Forte.
Excellent company to deal with, quick turnaround. Carol fabulous to work with
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Have I mentioned what a fabulous company Forte is to deal with? It’s rare these days to have such tremendous support.
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Always an efficient and reliable service backed up by the personal, genuine communication.
You guys are amazing! The service and follow up care is next to none. Love working with you guys!
Really helpful team at Forte, prompt with communication, great product knowledge, and they have gone above and beyond to support our purchase experience.
Aged Care Facility
I couldn’t speak highly enough of the team at Forte Healthcare. The team are a pleasure to work with, always professional, prompt and knowledgeable in their responses.
If you’re searching for an Australian made QUALITY medical mattress, look no further than Forte Healthcare, you won’t be disappointed!
An awesome team here and some Very, Very innovative products!
Love the products, can not fault it in any way, the service from sales staff is exceptional.
Always reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, helpful and suppliers of quality products. I’m a Forte fan!
An amazing team of experts in the Medical Mattress world, with fantastic products!
10/10 for mattress quality and selection and 10/10 for service from Bradley, Carol and Crystal.
We love forte !!! Carol and the team at forte are amazing to deal with. The forte products sell themselves.