Sovereign AMS6 High Care Mattress Surround
Sovereign AMS6 High Care Ventraflow Air Mattress Surround
Forté Sovereign Alternating Support Surface Surrounds build out an alternating surface to suit larger bed frames. Popular for patients seeking to match the clinical function of an alternating surface (full replacement or overlay), the Sovereign Surrounds widen the clinical care surface providing enhanced care flexibility, repositioning options and quality of life. The Sovereign Surround utilities the proven Sovereign Foam Core Structure, optimising care performance and comfort. Covering materials and construction methods match the clinical performance characteristics of the Air Support Surface to ensure that pressure relief and patient skin protection is not compromised. Speak with Forté Healthcare or your distributor today to enquire further.
SOVEREIGN S4 TRIPLE LAYERED CORE
- Airoform memory breathe immersion interface layer provides exceptional comfort, support for repositioning and patient care
- Ventraflow® multi-zone inner core technology with Individual profiled castellations zoned within the immersion region cradle the patient and conform to bony prominences. Lateral and longitudinal air channels facilitate free movement of air throughout foam core improving internal micro-climate and reducing ‘hot-spots’
- Lateral and longitudinal air channels facilitate free movement of air throughout foam core improving internal micro-climate and reducing ‘hot-spots’
- Premium firm foundation layer provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during transfer, repositioning and whilst in the inclined/fowler position
HINGED STRENGTHENED SIDES
- Increase lateral stability of support surface
- Improves patient safety and encourages central patient positioning
- Make patient transfers easier
- Unique hinge profile reduces foam fatigue and allow mattress to easily conform to varied bed positions
COMPATIBLE WITH CPR FUNCTION
- Custom made to provide access to the CPR function. Note – the access style differs by air mattress brand
- Cover print ensures visibility for training and in-service purposes
PREMIFLEX ULTRA PREMIUM BREATHE PRESSURE CARE COVER
- Premiflex PFPU1100 Pressure Care Polyurethane Upper Material: 4-Way Stretch, Vapour Permeable, Purple
- Double Coated Premiflex PFPU1200 Polyurethane Base Material: Robust, Vapour Permeable, Deep Grey
- Full Vapour Permeability
- Infection Control & Compliance: 10,000ppm chlorine based cleaning agent concentration suitability, Inherent Anti-Microbial Protection, Fire retardant, High frequency sealed and welded seams
- Construction: Four-sided / 360° high frequency welded zipper, Zipper waterfall protection flap, High frequency sealed and welded seams, Air-hose & CPR tube sheath
About the Sovereign AMS6
High Care Ventraflow Air Mattress Surround
Firm Foundation Layer
Strengthened Transfer Sides
WHY WOULD YOU USE AN AIR MATTRESS SURROUND?
Most air mattresses on the market are only available to suit single bed sizes. King single air mattress sizing is becoming a bit more common, but any size larger is a rare occurrence. Does that mean that individuals requiring an air mattress are forced to have a small bed size? Not with the development of air mattress surrounds!
An air mattress surround is a foam mattress that ‘houses’ or ‘surrounds’ another mattress (typically an air mattress). A surround is used to allow an air mattress to fit a bed of any size – from king single to a super king.
Key benefits of an air mattress surround:
- Increased patient compliance. Surrounds give consumers more choice. If clinically you require a high care air mattress to protect the integrity of your skin, you want to be able to use it on a bed of choice. For example, selecting a queen-size bed so you can remain sleeping with your partner. Clients are more willing to accept and use their air mattresses if it allows them to live a normal lifestyle too.
- Safety. In any scenario, it is essential that the mattress fits the bed platform to prevent any risk of entrapment. Surrounds can be an excellent solution to building out a mattress to a size that fits the bed platform.
- Enhanced Stability. Traditional Air mattresses are often associated with instability – due to the movement of cells, and simply, the nature of air. Surrounding an air mattress with a stable foam on the base and sides can significantly increase the stability offered by the mattress. In addition, a firm surround will prevent the risk of falling when transferring and make primary care easier.
- Makes primary care easier. Selecting a bed with a wider surface can make the dressing, repositioning and other care routines easier.
WHAT DOES HIGH RISK MEAN?
With a pressure care surround, you can have peace of mind that the complete surface offers a high level of pressure care.
‘Risk’ relates to the likelihood of developing a pressure injury. You can determine the risk of your client but conducting a risk assessment – using a risk assessment tool such as the Waterlow along with qualified clinical judgment and knowledge of the client’s history and underlying condition.
On the Waterlow Risk Assessment Tool, typically clients who score up to 20 are suitable for one of the mattresses within the High Care Medical Mattress range.
FIRM SIDE WALLS
The Sovereign AMS6 mattress surround has inbuilt firm side walls constructed of an ultra-high density foam, engineered with a profile hinge system to reduce falls risk and provide enhanced stability. Side walls significantly help reduce the effort required to transition on or off sleep surface and assist with repositioning and other tasks. Therefore side walls are important for any users with limited strength.
Inbuilt strengthened sides reduce the risk of foam compression on the mattress edge, and subsequent user ‘roll-out’. Firm, rigid edging provides structural support for transfer, ingress, and egress. Forté side walls make primary care easier and suit the use of transfer and mobility aids such as slide boards.
Forté side walls have been designed with a unique integrated hinge system to reduce tension & compression in foam when used with a profiling bed. Reducing tension aids overall mattress longevity. The hinge system allows the mattress to easily articulate for the maximum benefit of electronic bed function.
VENTRAFLOW® FOAM TECHNOLOGY
With a marketing leading CNC machine, Forté has the in-house capacity to develop and produce engineered foams that can be used to offer unique features and functions within a mattress.
Each mattress within the Sovereign High Care range includes an engineered foam layer to provide deep immersion, tailored envelopment and enhanced micro-climate.
The engineered foam is often referred to as ‘castellated’ or ‘modulated’, whereby foam is cut into unique shapes – typically small cells in a grid-like pattern.
Forté engineered foams are zoned to provide optimal envelopment alongside stability where it is needed for critical body regions. i.e. larger cells in the sacrum, smaller cells in the Heel region, medium-sized cells for the scapular region.
The secondary immersion layer of the Sovereign S4 mattress has an engineered foam technology called Ventraflow. Distinctive to Ventraflow is the shape of each castellation – in almost a key-whole shape.
The Ventraflow design has several unique functions:
- creates lateral and longitudinal air channels throughout the mattress which facilitate free movement of air throughout the foam core, improving internal micro-climate conditions and reducing risk of ‘hot-spots’.
- enhances envelopment which provides the support surface with maximum surface area for the individual, providing optimal pressure redistribution.
- each cell has a 180° pivot point which increases lateral flexibility and lessens internal tension throughout the surface. Reducing tension also increases the longevity of the mattress.
Leveraging clinical expertise, with leading raw material technology and in-house manufacturing capabilities Forté Healthcare ensures optimal outcomes for pressure injury prevention, infection control and patient comfort.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About Forté Healthcare Mattresses…
Forté Healthcare has been a pleasure to work with – the team is always easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions, queries and issues. We also had difficulty with a product and a new one was delivered the following business day ensuring participant safety and satisfaction.
We are really happy with the mattresses. Fantastic product especially given the short time frame for supply
Burnett Heads, QLD
You are amazing, it is on site with the client the day after it arrived. Can not thank you enough, really appreciate it. Hope you have a great week, you certainly made mine
Great product and Australian made. Locally owned and run as well as being a team of lovely people.
Customer service is fantastic. Products are of a high quality. A pleasure to deal with Forte.
Excellent company to deal with, quick turnaround. Carol fabulous to work with
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Have I mentioned what a fabulous company Forte is to deal with? It’s rare these days to have such tremendous support.
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Always an efficient and reliable service backed up by the personal, genuine communication.
You guys are amazing! The service and follow up care is next to none. Love working with you guys!
Really helpful team at Forte, prompt with communication, great product knowledge, and they have gone above and beyond to support our purchase experience.
Aged Care Facility
I couldn’t speak highly enough of the team at Forte Healthcare. The team are a pleasure to work with, always professional, prompt and knowledgeable in their responses.
If you’re searching for an Australian made QUALITY medical mattress, look no further than Forte Healthcare, you won’t be disappointed!
An awesome team here and some Very, Very innovative products!
Love the products, can not fault it in any way, the service from sales staff is exceptional.
Always reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, helpful and suppliers of quality products. I’m a Forte fan!
An amazing team of experts in the Medical Mattress world, with fantastic products!
10/10 for mattress quality and selection and 10/10 for service from Bradley, Carol and Crystal.
We love forte !!! Carol and the team at forte are amazing to deal with. The forte products sell themselves.