AMS1 Mattress Surround
Forté AMS1 Air System Surrounds
Forté Air Mattress Surrounds provide additional width and/or length to pressure relieving air support surfaces enabling the Air Support Surface to adapt to almost any bed base or configuration. High specification foam enhances the stability of the support surface and provides additional patient and caregiver assistance for positioning and transfers. Covering materials and construction methods match the clinical performance characteristics of the Air Support Surface to ensure that pressure relief and patient skin protection is not compromised. Speak with Forté Healthcare or your distributor today to enquire further.
SUPPORTIVE FOAM BASE
· Provides additional protection to air cells
· Should failure occur within air mattress, foam provides additional protection between patient’s body and bed base.
· Eliminates the requirement for an additional mattress beneath the surround making the support surface easier to clean
PROFILE STABILISING SIDES
· Ultra-High Density Sacral Support Zone with individual cells that deflect and conform to bony prominences
· Medium Size Profile Cut Cells within Scapular Region
· Small Profile Cut Cells within Heel Region
. Individual cells together with visco-elastic immersion interface effectively encapsulate bony prominences.
ADVANTIFLEX CLASSIC PRESSURE CARE COVER
- Advantiflex PU1100 Pressure Care Polyurethane Upper Material: 4-Way Stretch, Vapour Permeable, Blue
- Heavy Duty PVC Base Material: Durable, 100% Waterproof, Grey
- Infection Control & Compliance: Inherent Anti-Microbial Protection, Fire retardant, High frequency sealed and welded seams
- Construction: Two-sided / 180° high frequency welded zipper, Zipper waterfall protection flap, High frequency sealed and welded seams
270° ZIPPER AND WATERFALL INGRESS PROTECTION FLAP
- Full removable upper cover enables easy installation of air mattress on-site
- Easy access for internal mattress adjustment/repair
- Double coated Premiflex Waterfall flap provides protection against fluid ingress.
- Backing is sealed for ease of cleaning
COMPATIBLE WITH CPR FUNCTION
- Custom made to provide access to the CPR function. Note – the access style may differ by air mattress brand
- Cover print ensures visibility for training and in-service purposes
About the Forté AMS1
Air Mattress Surround
Firm Foundation Layer
WHY WOULD YOU USE AN AIR MATTRESS SURROUND?
Most air mattresses on the market are only available to suit single bed sizes. King single air mattress sizing is becoming a bit more common, but any size larger is a rare occurrence. Does that mean that individuals requiring an air mattress are forced to have a small bed size? Not with the development of air mattress surrounds!
An air mattress surround is a foam mattress that ‘houses’ or ‘surrounds’ another mattress (typically an air mattress). A surround is used to allow an air mattress to fit a bed of any size – from king single to a super king.
Key benefits of an air mattress surround:
- Increased patient compliance. Surrounds give consumers more choice. If clinically you require a high care air mattress to protect the integrity of your skin, you want to be able to use it on a bed of choice. For example, selecting a queen-size bed so you can remain sleeping with your partner. Clients are more willing to accept and use their air mattresses if it allows them to live a normal lifestyle too.
- Safety. In any scenario, it is essential that the mattress fits the bed platform to prevent any risk of entrapment. Surrounds can be an excellent solution to building out a mattress to a size that fits the bed platform.
- Enhanced Stability. Traditional Air mattresses are often associated with instability – due to the movement of cells, and simply, the nature of air. Surrounding an air mattress with a stable foam on the base and sides can significantly increase the stability offered by the mattress. In addition, a firm surround will prevent the risk of falling when transferring and make primary care easier.
- Makes primary care easier. Selecting a bed with a wider surface can make the dressing, repositioning and other care routines easier.
FIRM SIDE WALLS
The Forté AMS1 mattress surround has inbuilt firm side walls constructed of an ultra-high density foam, engineered with a profile hinge system to reduce falls risk and provide enhanced stability. Side walls significantly help reduce the effort required to transition on or off sleep surface and assist with repositioning and other tasks. Therefore side walls are important for any users with limited strength.
Inbuilt strengthened sides reduce the risk of foam compression on the mattress edge, and subsequent user ‘roll-out’. Firm, rigid edging provides structural support for transfer, ingress, and egress. Forté side walls make primary care easier and suit the use of transfer and mobility aids such as slide boards.
Forté side walls have been designed with a unique integrated hinge system to reduce tension & compression in foam when used with a profiling bed. Reducing tension aids overall mattress longevity. The hinge system allows the mattress to easily articulate for the maximum benefit of electronic bed function.
MEDICAL FOAM TECHNOLGY
Foams used by Forté in the AMS1 mattress surround are specifically formulated for use within high humidity applications, typical within Hospital applications where the mattress has low rest periods and is fitted with Moisture Vapour Permeable Covers. ‘Humidity’ treatment ensures that the structural integrity of the foams remains within conditions that would otherwise have a significant degrading effect on foam performance. It also ensures postural support is maintained for comfort and prevents excessive pressure forces because of foam collapse. It is crucial to pressure injury prevention that the foam maintains its support to prevent a ‘bottoming out’ effect and ensure immersion and envelopment.
Foams are also treated with Eversheild Anti-Microbial protection to prevent the growth of mould and bacteria. Maintaining healthy conditions within the foams reduces risk of infection control, cross patient contamination and mould.
Foams are individually sourced and selected as raw materials by Forté Healthcare from verified manufacturers within Australia, Europe and United States for guaranteed compliance with International standards. Forté provides complete supply chain transparency, benefiting the user by ensuring ultimate governance on quality and raw material safety especially necessary as Medical Mattresses are used in very close physical proximity to vulnerable users.
STABILITY AND AIR SYSTEMS
Air is used in support surfaces as it is a very good means to displace pressure, however, air can also create a surface that is or feels unstable.
Although pressure injury prevention is of utmost importance, patient safety and patient compliance must also be considered when selecting a support surface.
As such, every support surface should be designed with firm foam sides and foundations. The AMS1 can be used as a modification to a full air system, to add stability to the overall surface.
Stability is essential on a support surface to ensure the individual can continue to reposition, transfer, be manually mobilized and prevent risk of falling.
Leveraging clinical expertise, with leading raw material technology and in-house manufacturing capabilities Forté Healthcare ensures optimal outcomes for pressure injury prevention, infection control and patient comfort.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About Forté Healthcare Mattresses…
Forté Healthcare has been a pleasure to work with – the team is always easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions, queries and issues. We also had difficulty with a product and a new one was delivered the following business day ensuring participant safety and satisfaction.
We are really happy with the mattresses. Fantastic product especially given the short time frame for supply
Burnett Heads, QLD
You are amazing, it is on site with the client the day after it arrived. Can not thank you enough, really appreciate it. Hope you have a great week, you certainly made mine
Great product and Australian made. Locally owned and run as well as being a team of lovely people.
Customer service is fantastic. Products are of a high quality. A pleasure to deal with Forte.
Excellent company to deal with, quick turnaround. Carol fabulous to work with
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Have I mentioned what a fabulous company Forte is to deal with? It’s rare these days to have such tremendous support.
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Always an efficient and reliable service backed up by the personal, genuine communication.
You guys are amazing! The service and follow up care is next to none. Love working with you guys!
Really helpful team at Forte, prompt with communication, great product knowledge, and they have gone above and beyond to support our purchase experience.
Aged Care Facility
I couldn’t speak highly enough of the team at Forte Healthcare. The team are a pleasure to work with, always professional, prompt and knowledgeable in their responses.
If you’re searching for an Australian made QUALITY medical mattress, look no further than Forte Healthcare, you won’t be disappointed!
An awesome team here and some Very, Very innovative products!
Love the products, can not fault it in any way, the service from sales staff is exceptional.
Always reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, helpful and suppliers of quality products. I’m a Forte fan!
An amazing team of experts in the Medical Mattress world, with fantastic products!
10/10 for mattress quality and selection and 10/10 for service from Bradley, Carol and Crystal.
We love forte !!! Carol and the team at forte are amazing to deal with. The forte products sell themselves.