Sovereign S3 Lightweight 250kg
Sovereign S3 High Care Advanced Lightweight Pressure Care Mattress
The Sovereign S3 mattress is emerging as the most popular mattress in the facility space meeting the needs of all departments within a facility and compatible with almost any bed platform on the market.
Constructed with unique and extensive features designed by Forté Healthcare ensures the ultimate blend of longevity, pressure care & comfort, versatility, safety and value.
The exclusive combination of high-performance foam and foam technology is such that the Sovereign S3 is light-weight making it easy and safe for staff to carry and clean, without compromising on longevity and support.
The Sovereign S3 mattress provides pressure care and protection for a wide variety of patients, from 30-250kg and low – high risk of pressure injury.
AIROFORM MEMORY BREATHE IMMERSION INTERFACE LAYER
- Visco-elastic/Memory Foam cell structure
- High Temperature Stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance and comfort
- Maximises Patient contact with Support Surfaces Providing Pressure Redistribution
- Alleviates localised pressure points
- Provides low-shear surface
- Depth calibrated to maximise functionality and patient mobility
- Prevents collapse, tearing and side-ways twisting of second layer to ensure patient receives full immersion benefit
- Unique Airoform Breathe ventilation system minimises heat entrapment and enhances core circulation providing a cooler sleep surface
- Firmness: Soft
TRIPLE GRADE, ZONED, SECONDARY PROFILED IMMERSION REGION
- Ultra-High Density Sacral Support Zone with individual cells that deflect and conform to bony prominences
- Medium Size Profile Cut Cells within Scapular Region
- Small Profile Cut Cells within Heel Region
- Individual cells together with visco-elastic immersion interface effectively encapsulate bony prominences
- Calibrated to provide tailored immersion
SUPPORTIVE 3RD LAYER
- Provides Postural Comfort and Transfer Assistance
- Protects Second Layer from Over Compression thus achieving greater longevity
PREMIUM FIRM FOUNDATION LAYER
- Provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during transfer, repositioning and whilst in the inclined/fowler position
- Provides exceptional comfort, support for repositioning and patient care
HINGED STRENGTHENED SIDES
- Increase lateral stability of support surface
- Improves patient safety and encourages central patient positioning
- Make patient transfers easier
- Unique hinge profile reduces foam fatigue and allow mattress to easily conform to varied bed positions
- Enables ease of primary patient care
SLOPED HEEL PRESSURE TRANSFER ZONE
- Enhances pressure relief & protection for critical at-risk heel region
- Offloads pressure from the patients heels and transfers it to calf area
- Unobtrusive, does not require any adjustment
- Unique Lightweight design allows staff to easily carry/manoeuvre mattress
- Does not ‘bend’ and is not ‘floppy’ to carry
- Averts WH&S concerns with staff carrying and moving the mattress
PREMIFLEX CLASSIC PREMIUM PRESSURE CARE COVER
- Premiflex PFPU1100 Pressure Care Polyurethane Upper Material: 4-Way Stretch, Vapour Permeable, Purple
- Heavy Duty PVC Base Material: Durable, 100% Waterproof, Grey
- Infection Control & Compliance: 10,000ppm chlorine based cleaning agent concentration suitability, Inherent Anti-Microbial Protection, Fire retardant
- Construction: Two-sided / 180° high frequency welded zipper, Water zipper protection flap, High frequency sealed and welded seams
About the Sovereign S3
High Care Advanced Lightweight Pressure Care Mattress
Engineered Foam Technology
Traditional medical mattresses such as multi-layered memory foam designs or profile designs can struggle to effectively provide Immersion together with Shear and Friction Mitigation without compromising on microclimate and ease of repositioning for offloading. This exposes vulnerable patients to greater risks of pressure injury incidence because of poor microclimate and difficulty in relation to repositioning leading to pain and suffering for the patient and considerable nursing costs and resources to manage. This is why dual immersion technology used on the Sovereign range was developed. This consists of an Airoform Immersion Foam interface and an engineered multi-zoned modulated 2nd layer of foam such as Ventraflow.
Both the Interface and modulated layers work together to create a dynamic region that absorbs harmful shear and friction forces, protecting vulnerable skin. Postural support of the mattress is increased, yet unparalleled immersion is created with the softness of the interface layer and deflection of the profiled region, particularly important for bony prominences.
With a marketing leading CNC machine, Forté has the in-house capacity to develop and produce engineered foams that can be used to offer unique features and functions within a mattress.
Each mattress within the Sovereign High Care range includes an engineered foam layer to provide deep immersion, tailored envelopment and enhanced micro-climate.
The engineered foam is often referred to as ‘castellated’ or ‘modulated’, whereby foam is cut into unique shapes – typically small cells in a grid-like pattern.
Forté engineered foams are zoned to provide optimal envelopment alongside stability where it is needed for critical body regions. i.e. larger cells in the sacrum, smaller cells in the Heel region, medium-sized cells for the scapular region.
FAVOURITE FOR FACILITIES
The Sovereign S3 mattress is the most popular mattress for use in facilities as has been carefully designed to meets the needs of every department. With the Sovereign S3, facilities are able to standardize on the one mattress to suit most department and patient profiles which makes life easier for everyone:
- Infection Control: Premiflex cover which has an extra-high resistance to a wide variety of cleaning agents (10,000ppm). The cover has all seams high frequency welded, so there are no exposed sewn seams that can absorb fluid. The foam core is also treated with anti-microbial treatment to restrict mould development.
- Pressure Injury Prevention: designed to be suitable for clients scoring 15-20 on the Waterlow scale, or at high risk of obtaining a pressure injury. Features include dual immersion (foam technology designed to provide deep immersion and envelopment without compromising on the ability to reposition) a heel slope (offloads pressure from the at-risk heel region further up the leg), and a 4-way stretch vapour permeable pressure care cover
- Falls Prevention: Firm strengthened sides make transfers, repositioning, and primary care easier and safer.
- Work Health & Safety: foam grades have been carefully selected to minimise the overall weight of the mattress, without compromising on the longevity and performance of the mattress. The highest density foams are localized to the sacral region where most stress and risk of bottoming out occurs. The Sovereign S3 mattress is often customised to have carry handles added to the mattress to make mattress handling even easier. The Sovereign S3 is has a wide therapeutic weight range – from 30 to 250kg which means it suits most patients entering a facility.
- Finance: With all the above benefits incorporated into the one mattress, The Sovereign S3 is a particularly good value for money. All materials used are high quality making the mattress have a high performing life. The Sovereign S3 has an expected life of eight years in the acute application, subject to relative treatment. Made in Australia for a safe, sustainable, and reliable supply chain.
- The Customer: comfortable, customisable, and suitable for a broad weight range.
SLOPED HEEL REGION
The heels are one of the most susceptible sites for pressure injuries, due to factors such as heel anatomy, disease burden, comorbid conditions, and the aging process. Heel Pressure Injuries (HPI) has been found to be one of the most prevalent sites for pressure injuries to occur, with a study in Europe identifying that 38.5% of stage IV pressure injuries were found at the heels. Pressure upon the Calcaneus can be reduced and redistributed by elevating the lower leg and calf 2. There are three primary designs of heel elevation discussed in this article: the Heel Slope (Surface Modification), Heel elevator (external device) and the elevated Heel slope (Hybrid Model).
Though essential in the clinical setting, and particularly with those that are medically complex, elevating the heel and redistributing the pressure towards the calf is a difficult task. There are several implementation considerations such as ensuring the knee is at a slight flexion (5-10°) while the heel is elevated can help avoid vein compression and increased risk of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), adapting a plan of care to the individuals’ needs and avoiding causing harm to other ‘at-risk’ areas of the body (such as the Achilles tendon).
With patients on a traditional support surface with a completely horizontal fascia (no heel slope) and no additional aid from an external heel device, pressure injuries upon the heel region are more common than with heels that have elevated heels, with differences being from an 8% to 54.2% incidence on heel injury respectively.
Forté has conducted studies to illustrate the basic principles of heel offloading using a Tekscan Pressure Measurement System which utilises a thin and flexible sensor. We use this system to measure the pressure distribution of a human body on the surface of our mattresses with minimal interference.
The image demonstrates the pressure distribution of the NPIAP/RESNA 50th Percentile male mannequin (81.2kg, 1775mm tall) over a 6-hour period, shown in a variety of heel positions. The Support surface used is a Single Sovereign S3 High-Care Mattress.
Such a decrease in pressure, therefore, signifies the importance of heel offloading, and indirectly the importance of utilising a support surface modified with a heel slope as a means of offloading such pressure and reducing risk of an HPI. Furthermore, the heel slope was identified to encourage a slight bend in the knee of approximately 8-10°, in comparison to a flat surface which evidence has suggested reduces popliteal vein compression.
Forté Healthcare have the inhouse capacity to develop and produce engineered foams that can be used to offer unique features and functions within a mattress. Examples of this are the unique Ventraflow and Dual Immersion Technologies offered by Forté.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About the Sovereign S3 Lightweight Mattress…
The great news is that we have not had one complaint about the beds since the new mattresses arrived (prior to this with the old mattress stock, there were multiple complaints daily). In addition the volume of medical beds on the ward has reduced by 2/3 which is significant. Overall – I believe we can notch this one up as a success.
Occupational Therapist, Hospital
We use the Sovereign S3 throughout our facility, patient feedback has been great with no complaints so far! The Forté team are always supportive and ready to assist with any questions our staff may have.