Homecare ICON Premium Triple Layer Luxury Pressure Care Mattress
The Forté Icon Homecare Mattress provides the perfect culmination of special care, unparalleled comfort and longevity for low-medium risk* users.
The tried and trusted design of the Forté Icon offers excellent pressure injury prevention, safety, mobility and independence without compromise on exceptional user comfort, satisfaction and improved rest.
The Icon is stocked in Soft, Medium and Firm configurations and in Single, King Single, Double, Queen and Split Queen sizing. This ensures the Icon is a perfect ready-made solution.
Australian made by Forté Healthcare in Armidale, the Icon range is synonymous with quality, performance, longevity and functionality and is trusted by leading Hospitals and healthcare professionals to deliver clinical results and positive outcomes.
AIROFORM MEMORY BREATHE IMMERSION INTERFACE LAYER
- High Temperature Stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance andcomfort
- Maximises Patient contact with Support Surfaces Providing Pressure
- Alleviates localised pressure points
- Depth calibrated to maximise functionality and patient mobility
- Unique Airoform Breathe ventilation system minimises heat entrapment and enhances core circulation providing a cooler sleep surface
- Visco-elastic/Memory Foam cell structure provides low-shear surface
- Firmness: Available Soft, Medium, Firm
DELUXE GRADE MID-LAYER
- Open cell high quality foam
- Provides exceptional comfort and postural support for repositioning and patient care
- Available Soft, Medium, Firm
PREMIUM FIRM FOUNDATION LAYER
- Provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during transfer, repositioning and whilst in the inclined/fowler position
- Provides exceptional comfort, support for repositioning and patient care
- Available Soft, Medium, Firm
HINGED STRENGTHENED SIDES
- Increase lateral stability of support surface
- Improves patient safety and encourages central patient positioning
- Make patient transfers easier
- Unique hinge profile reduces foam fatigue and allow mattress to easily
- conform to varied bed positions
- Enables ease of primary patient care
LUXURY QUILTED HOMECARE COVER
- Luxury Quilted QC1000 Open Weave Material: 4-Way Stretch, anatomically contouring, Anti-Shearing, plush comfort, White
- Superior Breathability & Micro-Climate: encourages air circulation
- Infection Control & Compliance: Non-Waterproof, residential mattress comfort
- Construction: Two-sided / 180° zipper, Sewn Seams
About the Homecare ICON
Premium Triple Layer Luxury Pressure Care Mattress
Firm Strengthened Transfer Sides
Airoform Immersion Foam
Luxury Homecare Style Comfort
FIRM SIDE WALLS
The Homecare ICON mattress has inbuilt firm side walls constructed of an ultra-high density foam, engineered with a profile hinge system to reduce falls risk and provide enhanced stability. Side walls significantly help reduce the effort required to transition on or off sleep surface and assist with repositioning and other tasks. Therefore side walls are important for any users with limited strength.
Inbuilt strengthened sides reduce the risk of foam compression on the mattress edge, and subsequent user ‘roll-out’. Firm, rigid edging provides structural support for transfer, ingress, and egress. Forté side walls make primary care easier and suit the use of transfer and mobility aids such as slide boards.
Forté side walls have been designed with a unique integrated hinge system to reduce tension & compression in foam when used with a profiling bed. Reducing tension aids overall mattress longevity. The hinge system allows the mattress to easily articulate for the maximum benefit of electronic bed function.
VERSATILITY; AN OPTION FOR EVERYONE
The Homecare ICON mattress range is a relatively new name to the market, designed to meet some specific demands from the community market:
- a genuinely quality mattress that delivers reliable care and can be trusted to perform. i.e. undergone stringent clinical evaluation, Australian made etc. All foams used in the Homecare ICON are higher grade foams, treated with special anti-microbial treatment for optimal performance in the acute care application to meet the standards for a “high specification mattress” according to the Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries: Clinical Practice Guideline. The International Guideline 2019.
- a mattress that has firm strengthened sides to prevent risk of falls and assist with transfers and bed mobility
- a mattress that the consumer wants and likes – so a medical mattress that still has that luxury feel
- held in stock for quick supply
- easy to understand and sell/prescribe, without taking shortcuts which may impact on reputation
- easily customisable, should the need arise
Welcome to the Homecare ICON – where there is an option for everyone!
Each mattress size Is available with the following options:
- Comfort: Soft/Medium/Firm
- Height: 15cm/20cm
- Cover: Standard/Waterproof
The easy-to-afford Homecare ICON mattress is currently the most popular pressure injury preventative mattress for care in the home.
The Homecare ICON mattresses have been designed to provide effective immersion and envelopment for users up to 300kg.
The Homecare ICON is stocked in standard domestic sizes but can be customised in size to suit any bed platform.
MEDICAL FOAM TECHNOLGY
Foams used by Forté in the Homecare ICON mattress are specifically formulated for use within high humidity applications, typical within Hospital applications where the mattress has low rest periods and is fitted with Moisture Vapour Permeable Covers. ‘Humidity’ treatment ensures that the structural integrity of the foams remains within conditions that would otherwise have a significant degrading effect on foam performance. It also ensures postural support is maintained for comfort and prevents excessive pressure forces because of foam collapse. It is crucial to pressure injury prevention that the foam maintains its support to prevent a ‘bottoming out’ effect and ensure immersion and envelopment.
Foams are also treated with Eversheild Anti-Microbial protection to prevent the growth of mould and bacteria. Maintaining healthy conditions within the foams reduces risk of infection control, cross patient contamination and mould.
Foams are individually sourced and selected as raw materials by Forté Healthcare from verified manufacturers within Australia, Europe and United States for guaranteed compliance with International standards. Forté provides complete supply chain transparency, benefiting the user by ensuring ultimate governance on quality and raw material safety especially necessary as Medical Mattresses are used in very close physical proximity to vulnerable users.
The foam configurations used on the Homecare ICON mattresses have been approved for use by QLD Health, NSW Health, NT Health & SWEP Victoria.
The Forté production facility in Armidale is specifically dedicated to Medical Mattress’ design, development, and production. This ensures unrivalled expertise and process control for superior quality, value, and performance. Forté utilizes leading global technology and research in the design and development of each medical device. Products manufactured by Forté in Australia are produced in compliance with local regulatory standards and exceed clinical standards recommendations such as European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, National Pressure Injury Advisory Panel and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance – a quality you can trust!
Australian made by Forté Healthcare in Armidale NSW, the Homecare ICON range is synonymous with quality, performance, longevity, and functionality and is trusted by leading Hospitals and healthcare professionals to deliver clinical results and positive outcomes.
Why is it important to purchase Australian made products?
By purchasing products from Forté you are investing into the future of pressure injury prevention in Australia, creating regional jobs and boosting our economy for the better of everyone. Australian Made for Australian Care.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About the Homecare ICON Mattress…
Such a straight forward range to prescribe, I love it!
Great new range! Love the option of a simple swap to a waterproof cover for my clients that require it. The firm sides are an absolute must, well done Forté!
Received a huge amount of interest in the Icon Homecare’s as a result of having the mattress here in store, thanks again!
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Can’t go past Australian made, and love that these mattresses have been tested in the hospital setting for years and adapted now to homecare use. Great work team!
The strengthened sides are an absolute necessity, love this new range is available with the sides and in a soft, medium and firm as well. Very straight forward to prescribe!
The Icon Homecare here in the showroom is receiving great feedback from our customers, thanks so much!