Icon I31 Residential Care 150kg
Icon I31 Triple Layer Medium Care Pressure Care Mattress
The Icon I3 Series is a triple layer static foam mattress with the inclusion of firm side support for added protection against falls and improved support for user transfer.
Deluxe grade, quality Australian Foams are configured to provide immersion, envelopment, comfort, and performance for individuals with a medium risk of pressure injury. The integrated strengthened sides with the signature Forté hinge system enables ease of client transfer to and from the mattress. The Icon I31 mattress can be upgraded to the ICON Homecare or the Icon I34 mattresses.
AIROFORM MEMORY IMMERSION INTERFACE LAYER
- High Temperature Stability to deliver consistent immersion, performance and comfort
- Maximises Patient contact with Support Surfaces Providing Pressure
- Alleviates localised pressure points
- Depth calibrated to maximise functionality and patient mobility
- Visco-elastic/Memory Foam cell structure provides low-shear surface
- Firmness: Soft
DELUXE GRADE MID-LAYER
- Open cell high quality foam
- Provides exceptional comfort and postural support for repositioning and patient care
FIRM FOUNDATION LAYER
- Provides protection against ‘bottoming-out’ during transfer, repositioning and whilst in the inclined/fowler position
- Provides exceptional comfort, support for repositioning and patient care
HINGED STRENGTHENED SIDES
- Increase lateral stability of support surface
- Improves patient safety and encourages central patient positioning
- Make patient transfers easier
- Unique hinge profile reduces foam fatigue and allow mattress to easily
- conform to varied bed positions
- Enables ease of primary patient care
ADVANTIFLEX CLASSIC PRESSURE CARE COVER
- Advantiflex PU1100 Pressure Care Polyurethane Upper Material: 4-Way Stretch, Vapour Permeable, Blue
- Heavy Duty PVC Base Material: Durable, 100% Waterproof, Grey
- Infection Control & Compliance: Inherent Anti-Microbial Protection, Fire retardant, High frequency sealed and welded seams
- Construction: Two-sided / 180° high frequency welded zipper, Zipper waterfall protection flap, High frequency sealed and welded seams
About the Icon I3
Triple Layer Medium Care Pressure Care Mattress
Firm Strengthened Transfer Sides
WHAT DOES MEDIUM RISK MEAN?
‘Risk’ relates to the likelihood of developing a pressure injury. You can determine the risk of your client but conducting a risk assessment – using a risk assessment tool such as the Waterlow along with qualified clinical judgment and knowledge of the client’s history and underlying condition.
On the Waterlow Risk Assessment Tool, typically clients who score up to 15 are suitable for one of the mattresses within the Medium Care Medical Mattress range.
REACTIVE SUPPORT SURFACES; PRESSURE REDISTRIBUTING STATIC FOAM
A Reactive support surface is a powered or non-powered support surface with the capability to change its load distribution properties only in response to an applied load. Reactive support surfaces may be powered (active) or nonpowered (static). In comparison to an alternating pressure relieving mattress, reactive surfaces provide a constant low-pressure profile whereby the pressure at every contact point is reduced. The patient can be immersed and enveloped by the surface which increases the area of contact with the patient’s body and the reactive support surface.
Reactive support surfaces come in many different types including:
- Foam – mattress composed of foam or layers of foam with different densities and shapes. For example, Forté Icon Medium Care Mattresses.
- Air or Gel Filled – surfaces comprise air or gel-filled compartments. For example, ROHO Integrated Systems.
- Hybrid – surface combining foam and air technology to maximise the benefits offered by both static and alternating surfaces.
- Low air loss – some air-filled support surfaces allow air to escape through small holes. The air flows along the inside of a vapour-permeable patient contact layer. This draws moisture and heat through the contact layer and away from the skin. Low air loss aids control of moisture on a patient’s skin.
- Air-fluidised – contain sand-like particles through which air is forced. As the air is forced through the particles, they take on the properties of a liquid. The porous cover allows air to escape out of the mattress and body fluids to flow down into the support surface
“Pressure redistribution is achieved by either increasing the body surface area that comes in contact with the support surface through immersion and envelopment (to reduce concentrations of weight over bony prominences) or sequentially altering the parts of the body that bear the load, thus reducing the duration of loading at any given anatomical site”. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries: Clinical Practice Guideline. The International Guideline 2019.
Select a reactive support surface for individuals who are able to reposition themselves enough to avoid weight bearing on all areas at risk for pressure ulceration and who have a stable spine.
FIRM SIDE WALLS
The Icon I3 mattress has inbuilt firm side walls constructed of an ultra-high density foam, engineered with a profile hinge system to reduce falls risk and provide enhanced stability. Side walls significantly help reduce the effort required to transition on or off sleep surface and assist with repositioning and other tasks. Therefore side walls are important for any users with limited strength.
Inbuilt strengthened sides reduce the risk of foam compression on the mattress edge, and subsequent user ‘roll-out’. Firm, rigid edging provides structural support for transfer, ingress, and egress. Forté side walls make primary care easier and suit the use of transfer and mobility aids such as slide boards.
Forté side walls have been designed with a unique integrated hinge system to reduce tension & compression in foam when used with a profiling bed. Reducing tension aids overall mattress longevity. The hinge system allows the mattress to easily articulate for the maximum benefit of electronic bed function.
The Icon I3 Triple Layer mattress used to be the most popular pressure injury preventative mattresses for aged care facilities and care in the home. Current trends show the favoured mattresses to be the Icon I34 for facilities, and the Homecare ICON for the home.
The Icon I34 and Homecare ICON are preferred because they are designed with higher grade foams, treated with special anti-microbial treatment for optimal performance in the acute care application. The market is seeing more importance in investing in a better quality support surface for their clients or their loved ones. The foam grades of both mattresses meet the standards for a “high specification mattress” according to the Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Injuries: Clinical Practice Guideline. The International Guideline 2019.
The Icon I3 Triple Mattress is now mostly used as a pressure injury preventive mattress in facilities and the home where budget is a concern. The Icon I3 mattress is a basic mattress that delivers a solid level of care.
The Icon I3 mattress has been designed to provide effective immersion and envelopment for users between 40kg and 50kg.
The Icon I3 can be customised in size to suit any bed platform.
The immersion layer of the Icon I3 is an Airoform Memory Soft – it is often swapped out with a different firmness within the Airoform Memory range for personal comfort and patient compliance purposes, for example, Airoform Memory Extra-Soft.
The Icon I3 mattress is supplied as standard with a hospital grade waterproof cover (Advantiflex Classic Cover) but is often swapped out with the Luxury Quilted cover for community applications. The Quilted Cover provides excellent pressure care and homely comfort.
You’re Covered by Forté Healthcare’s ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’
At Forté Healthcare, we are so confident in the care and performance our support surfaces deliver, that we back our products and expertise with our ‘Successful Solution Guarantee’.
Here’s how it works:
Our team of specialists will help you navigate our product range to correctly match our support surfaces with your care environment and patient risk profile. This ensures you achieve the highest levels of patient care and pressure injury prevention.
If, for whatever reason the product we recommend isn’t helping you achieve the outcome you expected, we’ll work with you until it is. And in the unlikely event we still cannot provide the right solution.
We’ll refund you 100% of the charges to date.
Hear what Health Professionals say About Forté Healthcare Mattresses…
Forté Healthcare has been a pleasure to work with – the team is always easy to talk to and quick to respond to questions, queries and issues. We also had difficulty with a product and a new one was delivered the following business day ensuring participant safety and satisfaction.
We are really happy with the mattresses. Fantastic product especially given the short time frame for supply
Burnett Heads, QLD
You are amazing, it is on site with the client the day after it arrived. Can not thank you enough, really appreciate it. Hope you have a great week, you certainly made mine
Great product and Australian made. Locally owned and run as well as being a team of lovely people.
Customer service is fantastic. Products are of a high quality. A pleasure to deal with Forte.
Excellent company to deal with, quick turnaround. Carol fabulous to work with
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Have I mentioned what a fabulous company Forte is to deal with? It’s rare these days to have such tremendous support.
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Your products are easy to recommend as they are perfect for so many of our clients.
(And it helps that they are made in NSW too)
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Always an efficient and reliable service backed up by the personal, genuine communication.
You guys are amazing! The service and follow up care is next to none. Love working with you guys!
Really helpful team at Forte, prompt with communication, great product knowledge, and they have gone above and beyond to support our purchase experience.
Aged Care Facility
I couldn’t speak highly enough of the team at Forte Healthcare. The team are a pleasure to work with, always professional, prompt and knowledgeable in their responses.
If you’re searching for an Australian made QUALITY medical mattress, look no further than Forte Healthcare, you won’t be disappointed!
An awesome team here and some Very, Very innovative products!
Love the products, can not fault it in any way, the service from sales staff is exceptional.
Always reliable, responsive, knowledgeable, helpful and suppliers of quality products. I’m a Forte fan!
An amazing team of experts in the Medical Mattress world, with fantastic products!
10/10 for mattress quality and selection and 10/10 for service from Bradley, Carol and Crystal.
We love forte !!! Carol and the team at forte are amazing to deal with. The forte products sell themselves.